Monday, July 23, 2012

Independence Day

4th of July...oh man. Not much to say other than its my favorite. I love it. I look forward to it every single year. I love the hot summer, I love the traditions, I love the parades, i love the BBQs and I love the annual Kemp sleepover. We did the exact same thing we do every year, but surprisingly, it never gets old. We met at my parents house to walk to the parade. My mom always buys the kids 4th of July outfits.
She got pup the cutest bow tie.
She's kind of a fan favorite
My little family, minus a really crazy cat.
I cant decide who looks better in the bow tie, Russ or Ecko.
We enjoyed a really hot and really long parade.
All the floats and princess went by, but this guy holding a "Will you Marry me" sign and proposing right in front of us, was my favorite part of the parade.
We went back to my parents house, ate bbq pulled pork sandwhiches with corn on the cob and I literally think between me and my 5 year old niece, we polished off a huge bowl of caramel popcorn. CC made the most amazing popcorn ever. My 5 year old niece looked and me and said with a smile, "I cant stop eating it!". My thoughts exactly. The kids ran around with glow sticks in the dark and we stuck some candles in a dessert I made for Huddies birthday.
We had a late night, but slept great out in the backyard under the stars.
Ecko went to sleep with my nieces on their sleeping bags, but when I woke up, she was on her bed next to us :)
Morning snuggles
We had our traditional big breakfast of Swedish thins, bacon and fruit! Russ had the honor of cooking the meat, not without a buddy by his side though!
Eating breakfast
The kids played in a little pool and playing in the sun during the day
Russ and I went to the REAL game that night, watched some soccer, had a slushee and walked down to the field and watched fireworks. They were awesome fireworks and a perfect way to end my favorite holiday.

4 comments:

  1. I have the same shirt you are wearing in the last picture! Looks like a nice holiday. The backyard sleepover is a great idea.

    Did you get my card in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about the 4th! Love it and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your family and your fun tradition! You look gorgeous in that last picture Chels! Looks like another fabulous 4th for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! I was at the ReAL game that night!! I wish I would have seen you!

    ReplyDelete