Friday, May 18, 2012

Momma Kemp

I have the greatest mother of all time. How awesome that we have a full day dedicated to our moms?
Isnt she lovely? I have been lucky enough to say my Mom has been one of my greatest friends my whole life. I love talking to her and getting her advice and making fun of her technology difficulties...she is just all around awesome. This Mothers day was exceptionally fun. The whole fam was in town. We treated KK to a big breakfast made by all of us and a present of her favorite things...

We took a walk as a family..however my Mom thought it would be a good idea to give 6 kids under the age of 8 water guns. It was a wet walk, but a fun one :) I cant imagine what I would do without my Mom. She has been there through the good times and the bad, and there were plenty of bad times there for awhile. But she was always there to tell me what I needed to hear to get back on my feet and make my life what I wanted it to be. "You create your own happiness. You, and you alone are responsible for your happiness". Wise advice, and oh so true. I love you Mom! Thanks for all you do for me and everyone else.
Also, I am so grateful to have the kindness, most sincere mother in law, Sharon. I am lucky to have TWO wonderful examples in my life.
Did I mention that my mother in law raised EIGHT kids? My goodness, she is a champ to say the least. Russ was so sweet and surprised me with a bouquet of flowers Mothers Day morning.
Im truly blessed. Happy late Mothers Day to all you mothers.
Speaking of flowers...my co worker sent me this really funny video. It made me laugh.
Mormons CAN send flowers, and they do! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, cheers is so hilarious. Even like twenty years after it was written.
    What a great thing to have a mom as a best friend huh? I'm right there with you. I always pray that my kids will feel that way about me as they get older. Happy Mothers day Chels! Also, I sent an email this morning about getting together the 11th or 12th. Please tell me you guys will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried then laughed, my favorite kind of tears! Mom's are amazing, your's included. For some reason I put my mom through a heck of a time. She stuck with me. Her unconditional love I'll never forget.

    Sharon has touched my heart several times, too. Her baby gift for Ruby was exactly what I wanted. I still wonder how she knew.

    Yellow tulips symbolize brightness of love. What a perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is amazing! I love her like she is my second mom. I have so many memories with me and you and your mom :) So many good times!
    And Russ is so sweet to think of you for mother's day! Good job Russ. You got a good one Chels...... :)

    ReplyDelete