Monday, June 25, 2012

Bear Lake- 10 K

We went up to Bear Lake a couple weekends ago for the Bear Lake race. Last year, my sister and I ran the Bear Lake Half! This year, I was running the Ragnar the following weekend and didnt think I should push it, so Russ, my mom, Kaysie and I ran the 10K instead. Its so fun to have the whole family all in one condo for this second year tradition! The night before, we took a walk to the harbor. Ive found that if you get my whole family to chant "Russell, Russell, Russell!" He will pretty much do anything..including dipping his feet in the lake to try and get the carp to nibble on his toes for our viewing pleasure. That night, we hung out at the condo and had pizza- Carb load! We woke up early the next morning to get our run on! This is the view from our room. Here we are...Team Neon Dream! The girls at the starting point! Russ and I wanted to run the whole thing (6.2 miles) and beat a set time. We ran ahead of the girls, while my mom and my sister Ran/walked it. Half way through our run We had the paparazzi out after us We beat our goal by a minute! Wahoo! Huddy helping me stretch after the run :) Super man is a great stretch Can I just say how incredibly proud I am of my mom?? We set a goal for her to finish too and she CRUSHED the goal! She made us so proud! We have the greatest fam. We had the whole family there at the finish line. These boys LOVE Russ! After, I thought we were have a celebratory dance on the beach. Russ must have thought we were farting on each other. We did it! Sometimes I like to embarrass Russ. Especially out in public when there is music on, I like to dance and get him a little red in the face. Im not really sure what is going on here, but by the look of his face he was embarrassed. Score! He is a good sport. We had lunch back at the condo after and relaxed for a bit. Wherever Russ goes, this little guy goes. I think our family likes water. Actually, wherever Russ goes, ALL the kids go. Growing up, we always had Fruity Pebbles when we were at Bear Lake. Some things never change. CC bought the boys matching shirts for the weekend. There was a lot of wrestling between these 3 boys. I even saw some blood at one point. We took a break from relaxing to ride around the lake for a bit. We didnt get as crazy this year with racing. Perhaps the wind slowed us a down a bit? We rode down the board walk to the lake. When we got back, all the adults left to go watch the Belmont Race. Speaking of.. I am so sad "Ill Have Another" was injured. We were really hoping for a triple crown winner! I even picked that horse and won some cizash at the Kentucky Derby party! The horse race wasnt coming through at the condo so the adults left for a bit, which was perfect timing for the kids, CC and I to decorate for a surprise party for my dad! My dad...what a guy! He turned the big 65 this year! Woot Woot. We made him a poster of our favorite things we love about him and had the kids stand at the door and yell surprise when they all came back. He was surprised and happy! We sang, gave him his poster and gifts and had his favorite dinner- Spaghetti. And of course...cake! Sadly, Russ and I had to leave that night so I could get back to catch a flight to Long Beach for work. Jealous they all got to stay another day. But I love this picture someone sent me of my parents on the beach the next morning. Happy Birthday Pops, and congrats Mom!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for family traditions and especially family vacations!! How do you all look so great after running a 10K?!? All three of you have perfect hair. Your parents are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing in the world about you is that you hate running, yet you keep running races. That looks like such a blast! I really love you and am so sad you guys are coming to Florida in July now. Booooo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Bear Lake would be a great place for a race!

    Way to go to your Mom - and the rest of you! My sister's and I joke (and secretly hope) we'll be grandma athletes & racers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your PR! Woot woot! You're awesome and I love embarrassing my hub too, it's probably one of my favorite things about marriage.

    ReplyDelete