Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Holly Jolly Christmas!

Our first Christmas married and we had a great holiday season.
I feel like we got married at a perfect time! First of November, we did a fun honeymoon (post soon to follow) then it was Thanksgiving, and all the fun Christmas holiday stuff...we loved it-Our waist lines did not.
Every year, well the 3 years we have been together, we do a replay of our first date on December 1st. We go downtown to Sawadee and eat some delicious Thai food and hop over to Temple Square to see the lights.
The food was as good as always, the lights were perfect! Its so nice going in the middle of the week and missing the crowds.
After Russ and I put the lights on our tree this year, we have a great appreciation for all the time these guys must put in to decorating temple square.
We went again for my moms birthday with the family. I hadnt been to temple square with my family for a few years so it was fun. Cody and family...we missed you.

Happy birthday Mother dear! We are so lucky to have you!
Last year we went up to Sun Valley, Idaho to cut down our Christmas tree. This year, we went up to visit Cody and his family and cut it down in Kelly Canyon in Idaho as well.
We had so much fun hanging out with Kemp family and hiking to find our tree.
I love this picture of Mei
This little buddy was such a good sport.
Our first Christmas tree as a married couple!
I didnt get any great pictures of our tree all put together except when we were taking a picture of Russ in Christmas Pjs :)
Every year on Christmas Eve Russ would put together a puzzle at his parents house. Since we were having our first Christmas eve at our own place, I got him a puzzle to do for tradition.
We spent Christmas Eve at his parents house having dinner and a talent show by his nieces and nephews. We came back to our house and opened Christmas jammies,popped in a Christmas movie, drank wassle and started the puzzle. It was about 10:30 pm when we started and I was starting to get sleepy. I woke up on the couch at 2:30 am and Russ was still working hard on the puzzle. I went in to bed and he said he was right behind me. He woke me up when he got in bed and it was 4:30 am! He did the whole puzzle in one sitting and stayed up so late! I couldnt believe it. I dont have the patience for that.
I have no idea why that picture is sideways.
Our new Christmas stockings!
I love the holidays so much. I had such a fun time with my new hubby and spending time with both of our family and friends.
I love all the family and friends that come in to town from out of state.
Britt, it was so fun hanging out with you guys while you were here!
Em, it was great getting together with everyone while you were here and having a mini reunion!
This is my friends little guy. He is my buddy, I love him. How can you not love this face?
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, I know we did!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a wonderful Christmas! Love the lights at Temple Square but missed it this year due to the new baby. How fun to go and cut your own Christmas tree down! Never done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaa! Love that I made your blog post. We LOVED hanging out with you guys. Seriously, please come to So Flo again when we're actually going to be here.
    Also, I love that you are married and so happy. You totally deserve it Chels. I really love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Russ are so dang cute. Russ reminds me of Stu with the puzzle... as in... when Stu is focused, he'll stay up all night. Boys! So crazy sometimes. I am glad you two had a good holiday season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and I love that you had a wonderful holiday with wonderful husband!!

    ReplyDelete