Friday, October 18, 2013

Blessing

While Russ's brother was in town from Thailand and his sister in town from Washington, we decided to try and have the babes blessing so more family could attend.
My brother and his family also came in town from Idaho to support us so it all turned out perfectly!
We are truly blessed to have such amazing family and support from both sides.

We decided to have a private blessing. Our ward is rather large and multiple blessing on Sundays and I wanted her to have her own special day.
By the time we got approved to do it outside a Sunday, and got everything in order, it was only a week before. But it all turned out great.

Russ did an absolutely fantastic job and gave her a beautiful blessing!
I don't know if this is too personal to share on the blog, but here it goes..
When Russ and I were dating, and before we had ever talked about getting married, I have a VERY real dream about Russ blessing one of our babies. I remember waking up feeling like it was so real and knowing I was going to marry this wonderful man.
So to hear him actually bless our daughter was a very touching, spiritual experience.

We had wanted to bless her in the mountains out in nature, but we were unsure of the weather and we wanted it to be private. So last minute we decided to do it at the church.
It was conference weekend so we had the church all to ourselves.

We got into the church kind of late to set up, so everyone was so kind and helped set up while my sister took the guest of honor to get dressed and calm her down.

 
Lila wore the same dress I was blessed in 29 years ago. I thought it was special to share that with her and it fit her like a glove!
She also wore these fancy shoes I had made for my niece when she was blessed 10 years ago :)
 
I was inspired to make these from one of my very favorite movies of all time "Father of the Bride".
 
She was given a beautiful blessing from Russ.
After, we had soups and rolls for lunch!




 
I painted this little back drop to go behind her cute pictures!
 

 
My awesome made did these cute center pieces
 
And my sister made these cute water bottle labels to match the back drop.
 
Virginia in from Washington!
 
 
 
Grandmas!
 
 
Richard in from Thailand!
 
 
My bro and his beautiful wifey in from Idaho!
 
So very grateful to have all of our family there! The only one missing was Ben who was on his honeymoon (and a few of the spouses from out of state/country).
 
I attended a funeral the other day for my best friends grandma. She was in her 80's and it was time for her to be free from pain. But one of the stories at her funeral really hit me hard. I learned that her Grandmas mother had died when she was only 3 or 4 years old.
 My friends grandma was days away from dying, lying in bed with her family around her and she started crying and said " I just want my mom".
This hit me so hard thinking that this 80 year old lady that was a mother, grandmother, and great grandmother to many, still had that urge to want to be with her own mother even with only 4 years of being with her.
I thought about this so much now that I have my own baby and I just feel so grateful to be a mom.
I didn't know if I would have the opportunity to be a mom with what a few Drs had said in the past.
And now I am so glad to be that support for her now and give her that comfort that my friends grandma still remembered 70+ years later.
 
I love my little family!
 
Excuse our red puffy eyes- we are both cry babies :)
 

 
She's our little angel.
And it was so touching seeing her in this beautiful white dress, moving her RIGHT HAND!!
Its getting stronger and stronger each day :)
 
 
* Going private soon! If you want an invite and haven't left me your email I will probably switch it over in the next week.

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful story, for a beautiful baby, on a beautiful day! I would love to continue reading your blog. masons.mom.25@hotmail.com

    -Tashina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bawled all through this post Chels. I love that you are so happy, that you and Russ ended up together, that you have the most gorgeous child ever AND that she is moving her right hand! You deserve all of the happiness in the world. I really love you. Also, I want to keep reading your blog... brittersport@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you! You are a beautiful momma to the most gorgeous little baby girl I have ever seen! I'm so happy for you and Russ. Lila is seriously so beautiful! I love her...
    I'm sad we missed her blessing, but it sounds like it turned out great! And thank you for being such an amazing friend to me through everything... My grandma loved you like you were her own grandchild. Thank you for the support and love that you and your entire family have shown me! I love you all and I'm so happy you are my BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add me so I can keep following. Tiff wants to follow too but said for some reason she can't add her email so I will text my new address and hers to you.

    ReplyDelete