Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hi Ho Hi Ho...

Its off to work we go..

Moving into a brand new house, the week your baby is due calls for a lot of work to be done post baby!
Russ has been working his guts out trying to put in a yard.
Our animals have been living at my parents house since we don't have grass, fence etc and its killing me. They are my other babies and I hate not having them around...especially Ecko.
My parents have been so kind to take care of them while we are figuring out this whole parenting thing and getting our yard in.
Since we moved further away from our jobs, it obviously takes longer to get there and home. By the time Russ gets done working 9 hours and driving home he doesn't get home until 7-8 and then goes straight out to the yard. He has had a few hiccups along the way but its coming!


 
Ive been trying to turn the inside into a home in our spare time.
Our walls need some color but I thought Russ was going to lose it when I suggested painting.. Maybe in a few years.
Some of the areas of our house are coming together...


My favorite painting- Reminds me of my Grandma.
 
Our reading nook in our room.
We need curtains...and some time to read.


 
The nursery. My awesome Dad came and helped me paint this wall while I was at work before the baby came.
My sister and I had a craft night and made her mobile. She did most of the work, Ill be honest, but I LOVE it. And so does the baby.




Its all slowly coming together and feeling more like a home.
Once we get our animals over it will definitely feel one step closer!

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on blogs after probably six months of reading none and I love seeing all of this! I'm so so bummed and feel like the worst friend that I didn't get to see you while I was in town. I can't wait to see the house. From what I can see, it's darling! I need you to be my decorator when we finally get a place. Love you!

    ReplyDelete